Leadership and management experience
- Creader Ltd, founder, consultant, CEO 2009–
- Partner, Boardman Ltd
- Sibelius Academy, Rector 2012, Dean 2013–2016
- Finnish National Theatre, Executive Director 2006–2009
- Association of Finnish Theatres, CEO 2002–2006
- Estonian Academy of Music and Drama, Visiting Professor 2002–2004, 2011–12
- Sibelius Academy, Arts management MA-programme Director 1999–2002
- Board Work and Corporate Governance, Boardman Ltd 2015
- Coaching Diploma Education, Finnish Coaching Association 2010
- Executive MBA, Helsinki School of Economics 2006–2007
- Ph.D., London City University 1996–1999
- MA, London City University 1995–1996
- MA, Helsinki University 1989–1995
I have published and lectured extensively on the topics of arts management and creative leadership.
My main publications:
Why is it difficult to manage an Opera House? (pdf) Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society, Spring 2001 issue.
Unmanageable Opera? – The artistic-economic dichotomy and its manifestations in the organisational structures of five opera organisations (pdf) PhD Thesis, London City University 2000.
Positions of trust
I have held numerous positions of trust both in Finland and internationally. My experience ranges from board memberships to chairmanships in associations, foundations and limited liability companies. I'm currently memeber of the Helsinki Music Center Ltd, Finnish Film Foundation and Reflector Ltd boards.